These profiles of other manufacturers of engine-turning machines during the Machine Age will be elaborated on as additional details become known.
The Hall Machine & Tool Company produced rotary and straightline engraving machines from their factory at the Herrick Building in Providence, Rhode Island. Their machines were similar to those of Charles Field, a well-known company also based in Providence.
In 1921, the Kenloc firm was established (also in Providence) and purchased the "fixtures, goodwill and trade name" of the F. A. Hall Co., Inc. and took over production of their machines.
In 1921, the Kenloc firm was established in and purchased the "fixtures, goodwill and trade name" of the F. A. Hall Co., Inc. The Kenloc Manufacturing Company was located at 36 Garnett Street, Providence, RI.
Kenloc took over production of Hall's straightline machines of identical design but it is not known at present if they made any rose engines. In addition to engine turning machines, the Kenloc company planned to design and build special machinery for the jewelry and textile industries.
Linden was a firm that fabricated textile machines and later added engine turning equipment to their catalog. They produced rose engine and straightline machines, some capable of decorating multiple pieces simultaneously.
M. J. Brohen from Attleboro, Massachusetts produced both rose engine and brocading machines. They were one of the last makers of American engine turning equipment.
History takes good care of soldiers, statesmen and authors. But alas little is known, even among mechanics, of the men whose work was mainly within the engineering profession, and who served other engineers rather than the general public. Few realize that their art is fundamental to all modern industrial arts. They were busy men and modest, whose records are mainly in mechanical devices which are used daily with little thought of their origin.Joseph Wickham Roe, author of "English and American Tool Builders" (1916)